Steve Simon and Fifth Group Restaurants have recently been recognized by the Fulton County Citizens Commission on the Environment (FCCCE). Wednesday, October 16, 2013 was declared “Mr. Steve Simon Day” in Fulton County in honor of his achievements toward protecting the environment. Although the day was named for Steve Simon, the day honors the environmental practices of all the Fifth Group Restaurants and the brand as a whole.
Fifth Group Restaurants implements an array of green initiatives including recycling grease to bio-fuel, installing on-demand water heaters, and using low use, water efficient dish machines with all green US EPA DfE dish machine chemicals. Fifth Group’s newest restaurant, Lure, even uses a rain pillow that collects and allows the restaurant to reuse 100,000 gallons of water a year. What’s more, all of the restaurants recycle and compost at least 95% of the products that come through their doors.
- One who strives to sustain natural resources and our environment for future generations
- One who encourages citizens and the business community to ensure that their activities and operations are environmentally responsible
- One who displays a commitment to exemplary environmental performance beyond what is required by law
- One who displays environmental responsiveness through his or her own personal leadership and effort
- One who has addressed issues and participated in the resolution of issues for the general good of all citizens of the County, while being a good steward of the environment
- One who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and made notable contributions in conserving natural resources, protecting and enhancing our environment and building public/private partnerships
- One who has made superior and exemplary contributions to developer’s environmental responsiveness through his or her own personal leadership and effort
The FCCCE is a citizen environmental advisory group appointed by the Board of Commissioners. The purpose of the FCCCE is to investigate environmental concerns; to make recommendations to the Fulton County Board of Commissioners on environmental policies; and to increase public awareness, understanding and involvement concerning environmental issues.
To learn more about the green initiatives and environmental practices of Fifth Group Restaurants, click here.