Last year, South City Kitchen Vinings hosted several events, called “Linger & Learn,” where guests could not only enjoy food and drink, but get instruction on its origins and history and, better yet, how to make it at home, as well.
They were such a success, we’ve decided to do them again. Lucky you!
This year’s events will fall under the name”Under the Influence” because each event’s theme will be influenced by a region, style of cooking, holiday, etc. Clever, eh?
First up, we’ll explore the best of New Orleans, both drinkable and edible, on Thursday, March 7 from 5:30-7pm.
Through step-by-step instructions from our expert bartenders, you’ll learn (and taste) how to mix perfect NOLA cocktails in two separate interactive demonstrations:
• Demo #1: How To Make The Sazerac & Your Own Bitters
• Demo #2: How To Make Café Diablo
Before and during, we’ll be passing hors d’oeuvres that showcase the different regions that have shaped the culture of New Orleans:
• Fried oyster with sweet potato hash and gumbo z’herbes (Africa)
• Crawfish jambalaya calas with sauce Creole (Spanish)
• Chicken liver mousse with peppadew peppers (French/Spanish)
• Escargots en baguette (French)
• Crispy boudin blanc (French)
• BBQ shrimp with rosemary biscuit (Regional)
• ‘Nduja with tabasco pepper aioli and pickled okra relish (Italian)
The cost is $25 per person (plus tax and gratuity) and we’ll give you 15% off dinner after. Tickets are only available online and are limited, so don’t wait—get yours today!