“As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.”
— Ernest Hemingway
When he wasn’t busy running around looking for six-toed cats in Key West, he was writing little pearls of wisdom like that. Gotta love it.
Now that Lure has been open for a six months, it’s ready to host its first special event. And what better to start with than oysters—something these guys know quite a bit about.
On Saturday, January 26, from 2-5pm, you’re invited to gather on Lure’s spectacular patio (really, it’s a great space) to enjoy a variety of different oyster preparations including:
• oysters with sambal butter, caramelized onion and anchovy
• apple wood-grilled oysters with fresh Georgia apples, creme fraiche and horseradish
• oysters Rockefeller with parsley, capers, celery, absinthe and bread crumb
• oysters with herb mayonnaise and house-cured bacon
• oysters with cultured butter, sautéed lemon and chives
They’ll also be pouring a tasting of eight sparkling wines from around the world to properly wash it all down. Nicely played, indeed.
The cost is only $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity) and, if your whistle requires more wetting, they’ll offer you 15% off dinner if you choose to dine after the event. Seating is limited, so call 404.817.3650 for reservations today!