El Taco‘s 3rd Annual Chili Pepper Festival September 5-9 features a special, limited-time-only menu highlighting the variety and diversity of chilies used in Mexican and Latin American cuisines and the many ways in which to enjoy them.
From dried chiles like guajillo, ancho, and mulatto to the fresh chilies that are in season right now including chilaca, cubanelle, habanero, and all varieties of bells to some specialty imported peppers like piquillos, rocotos and aji Amarillos, Executive Chef Scott Keefer and his culinary team will turn up the heat and the flavor. That’s a promise. Some highlights include:
- LENGUA TACO braised beef tongue, papaya/mango salsa
- CALAMARI RELLENO smoked sweet pepper stuffing
- MEXICAN CORN DOG peppadew pepper “ketchup,” aji Amarillo “mustard,” cotija cheese
- ANCHO CHILI-BRAISED CHICKEN LEGS onion, poblano, hominy, arroz verde
- SEARED PORK BELLY TACO scotch bonnet chow-chow
- CREAMY PIQUILLO PEPPER SOUP grilled cotija cheese “crouton”
- BACON-SHRIMP PINCHOS red jalapeno, serrano chiles
- MEXICAN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES pasilla negra/peanut/sea salt crust
For reservations and more information, call 404.873.4565.