As originally appeared in Daily Candy (July 17, 2012).
Fifth Group Restaurants’ latest lures you to its beachy retreat with fresh oysters and coastal dishes (seafood sausage cassoulet, grilled North Carolina mahi mahi with goat cheese). But its bottled cocktails, shochu house blends, and punch bowls chilled with giant blocks of ice set the hook.
Beverage director Vajra Stratigos shares one of his secret punch bowl recipes, so you can mix it up at home.
Your Money, My Looks
Serves four to six
6 oz. Aperol
3 rosemary sprigs
2½ oz. honey
2½ oz. hot water
5 oz. Jim Beam bourbon whiskey
8 oz. prosecco
8 oz. soda water
4 grapefruit wedges
1. Pour Aperol into a glass, add 1 rosemary sprig, cover, and set aside for 48 hours at room temperature. (Optional: To infuse the entire 750-ml bottle of Aperol, pour out ¼ c., add 4 rosemary sprigs, tighten the cap, and set aside for 48 hours at room temperature.)
2. Fill a medium-size container or pan with water; freeze to make a large ice block.
3. In a shaker, mix honey and hot water; shake well.
4. Chill rosemary-infused Aperol, whiskey, prosecco, soda water, and honey syrup for 1 hour then add to a punch bowl with ice block.
5. Squeeze grapefruit wedges into punch bowl; throw in the rinds.
6. Add rosemary sprigs to garnish.
7. Serve with a ladle.
Order one straight from the source at Lure, 1106 Crescent Avenue Northeast, Midtown (404-817-3650 or lure-atlanta.com).