There’s been a lot of buzz lately about the roof-top garden at Ecco. It’s amazing what Executive Chef Craig Richards can grow up there using water recycled from the air-conditioning system and restaurant compost for fertilizer. It’s a green thing.
With this in mind, the restaurant recently announced a special vegan/vegetarian menu that will only be available July 5-8 (the regular dinner menu will also be available).
If mom had put these dishes on the table, eating your veggies would have been a heck of a lot easier!
TASTE & SHARE
• Watermelon, opal basil, feta, red onion, Petrales olive oil
• Cucumber and yogurt soup with walnuts and chili oil
• Ecco’s panzanella salad
• Shaved fennel, lemon, golden raisins, dill and cayenne
• Marinated housemade mozzarella, herbs, heirloom tomatoes
• Wood charred beans with harissa vinaigrette
• Beet and peach salad, buttermilk, basil, pistachios
• Shaved celery, lemon, roof top pesto, Grana Padano, hazelnuts
• Fried heirloom peppers
• Housemade gargati pasta, kale and tomato ragu, pecorino
• Risotto with sorrel, roasted squash, ricotta salata
• Chickpea flatbread, caramelized Vidalia onions, green tomatoes, basil, crème fraiche
• Lentils with roasted baby carrots, charred eggplant, housemade ricotta
Reservations are available online or by calling 404.347.9555. Seriously…who needs meat?
In the meantime, go up on the roof with Chef and the oh-so-adorable Maura Neill of 365atlanta.com. Lucky girl.